Translate

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Ornament SAL September Update

Stitching Lotus Ornament SAL

This is the Ornament SAL hosted by Stitching Lotus

I have three different ornament challenges running this year, the JBW Alphabet Cat stitched in a different colour scheme each month, the Dragon Dreams 12 Dragonlets of Christmas, a FB exclusive and the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL blog.

Here is my little Autumn Leaves Alphabet Kitty for September, complete with acorn pin courtesy of Shirlee:




And here is a Little Dragonlet Dancing for Number 9:


I have realised that I haven't stitched the red 9 yet but I was rushing to go out this afternoon and thought I'd finished!

I haven't yet stitched a Hallowe'en ornie although I did chose one which is a start!!  I have also just started the Needlework Haven Challenge piece today too.  Most of this month has been taken up with a lovely Autumn Typography.

Talking of which, I had a little fun competition when I showed my finish.   What was the change I made? (apart from the squirrels I told you about).  Not the easiest thing to spot but four of you did notice it.  It wasn't the charm (that was included) or the beads (they were included too).  Look closely at this photo and see if you can tell now:


Do you see it now?  The vertical word in the middle of the photo says "Awesome" instead of "Autumn".

I allocated playing cards to each of the four eagle-eyed spotters and the Large Boy picked a card.  Congratulations to


If you send me your address there will be a little something in the post sometime.  I am hideously behind with my mailing which I do intend to catch up with very soon.  Or you will all get caught up in the Christmas post!! 

Finally I'm starting to think about the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop so you should be too.  For newbies, here is the link to last year's Hop so you can see how it all works.  I'll do a sign up post very soon.  I just wanted everyone to be on the look out for suitable designs.






11 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Jo.

Linda

Unknown said...

Autumn kitty is so sweet!

Anna van Schurman said...

Oh ornaments. I'm still going on mine. I love your cats. :)

Lisa said...

Great ornament finishes :-)

Christine said...

Great finishes, the ballet dancing dragon is adorable

Julie said...

Well spotted those 4 ladies, and congrats to your winner.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love the idea of the monthly cats you're doing.

Dylimes said...

Jo, I did the same thing, forgetting the number on the dragon, I did that with #8, I had my post ready to go then realized something was missing.

Virpi said...

Lovely stitching.

Karoline said...

Lovely finishes, congratulations

Heather said...

Great job on this months ornaments!