Translate

Friday 13 September 2013

Sleepy September

Here is the piece that gives today's post its title, Andie's Mirabilia Round Robin with Dreamers as the theme:



And some close-ups so you can see the bling:





And one of the whole piece so far:



The top space is empty for Andie to stitch Sleeping Beauty, then it's followed by The Dreamer stitched by Orchid Julie and Sleeping Princess stitched by Karen Stitchy Woman and finally my Lilly of the Woods.

I posted this piece off to New Zealand last Friday expecting it to take a week-ten days to arrive.  I got an email from Andie on the Tuesday saying it was there!!  Less than 3 working days to cross the world!!  Amazing.

Also for September I had the JBW Alphabet Kitty for September:



The charm for this month is a lovely acorn pin I received from Shirlee some time ago.  The fabric is a tan 28 count evenweave and the thread is a Stef Francis variegated.  I was going for an Autumn Leaves effect.


And talking of Autumn, here is my latest progress on Just Nan's Autumn Typography:


Not too sure about that bright orange in the row of leaves under the large Autumn.  They look a little like Chinese words rather than leaves.  I'll see how it looks at the end.  I have a boring border to stitch and the squirrels plus another crow then it's all done.  I like it alot!

Finally, as more people move to Google Plus, I wonder if they are aware that their email does not necessarily follow them there.  I've had comments from people that used to have emails attached to their profile but now appear as "No-Reply".  So if you've moved recently and haven't had an email response from a comment you've left me then that is why.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching, especially your cat finish (:
Happy weekend.

Pull the other thread said...

Great work on everything. Love the kitty.

Bianca said...

The Mirabilia RR looks awesome, and I just love the monthly kitties.

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Jo. I'm still lovin' that autumn sampler.

Linda

gracie said...

Wonderful pieces and stitching

The Crafty Princess said...

They truly live up to their name. I had a tiny nanna nap after looking at those sleepy ladies. Unfortunately at the time I was at work! Nice bling work Jo. Love the acorn pin too, it sets the theme nicely. I think the leaves look good, but then I love anything bright and vibrant. LOL!!
Alicia xox

Unknown said...

The Dreamers are so pretty love it!

Angi said...

Beautiful finishings I love the sleeping beauties !

Miss Lilly said...

Beautiful stitching!

Brigitte said...

These sleeping beauties are just gorgeous with all their bling. Very special RR.
Lovely projects you have finished.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That Mira RR is spectacular and unique!!!

Bernadett said...

Wonderful works.:)

Babs said...

so beautiful :)

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just found your Blog...I really like your Blog. I love looking at all of your Photos too....

Congratulations on your finish...she is sure beautiful.

I am now a Follower of your Blog and I would love for you to be a follower of my Blog as well...here is the link:

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

Happy Stitching :)

Steph said...

Wow, this RR is looking fabulous :) Can't wait to see more of your WIP's, they are all fab :) xxx

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely little kitty finish!

♥ Nia said...

Such a beautiful lady :) Wonderful work :D

Shebafudge said...

It's all looking lovely. The JBW cat is gorgeous. Definitely the autumn leaves effect :)

I like Autumn as it is but maybe it looks a bit different IRL.

That RR is simply stunning. No 2 ways about it, I love it. I would love to do a Mira RR but as I haven't got time, seeing others is the next best thing.