Translate

Sunday 15 April 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness April Link-Up Post


Welcome to the April Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date will continue to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

In the past month I have stitched a few gifted pieces and received some lovely gifts myself.

12 Days of Christmas by Just Nan - chart was a Christmas present:



Diamond Bouquet by Just Nan - chart was a gift:


Nest Egg by Satsuma Street - fabric was a gift:



Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs - Birthday present:


Raven by Nora Corbett - chart was a gift:

stitched on 32 count Belfast in Nebula by Crafty Kitten


Most recently I have picked up my Chatelaine, Gardens of London to be my focus piece for this month.  This was a Birthday present:


This is the part I have been stitching, the variegated grey/brown which represents the pavements of London.  Instead of spending over £7 on a skein of Gloriana I am using a Jodyri thread called Goblin King (approx 90p) which looks fantastic!  One street done, three more to go.


And on to the gorgeous gifts I have received!  First of all, a lovely Easter card and bunny from the equally lovely Wee Witchy Steph from Show and Tell:


Close-up of the bunny:



The next parcel was from the lovely Beth in IL from Beth's Needlework.  She sent me this lovely Bunny card:

(I believe it is a Mill Hill)

and a parcel of goodies:


including some linen, a chart, the threads to stitch it and my very first Victorian Motto Sampler and Silk N Colours threads:


The final gift was from one of the crafters who go to my regular Friday coffee and craft morning.  Because I couldn't attend in the school holidays she came round my house for coffee, saw my project bags and said "I could make those".  She had a good look at them and last week gave me this one!


It is as tall as an A4 sheet of paper and a little wider so it holds a chart in a plastic jacket perfectly with room for some threads, scissors and a flat ORT tin.


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "April Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

Please could you remember to link up as well as make your post.  There have been a few people making GG posts but not linking.  Which means they don't get entered into the draw.  If you have technical or memory issues, just leave a comment and let me know!

*

*

Finally, the Easter Blog Hop is now over and I will be announcing the Winner tomorrow!






27 comments:

Elfie said...

Iknow I have said it before, but it bears repeating - you have the most gorgeous and varied projects on your stitching list! The Just Nan 12 Days is tugging at my heart, but they are all beautiful. You received some very lovely Easter gifts.

Beth in IL said...

First, I think the treads are just random ones I pulled because I am too scattered to think of getting floss for a chart! ;) Love Discworld Mappe! It looks fabulous. And the bunny was a Mill Hill kit. I am addicted to the things!

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful, wonderful stitching as always, my dear - such a pleasure to read and view your posts. Love your Easter Gifts, too.

DJ said...

My goodness! What lovely projects you have going! I love the Just Nan pieces, they are both lovely!! Raven is going to be stunning on that fabric...wow! I have never been brave enough to buy a Chatelaine, but I have my eye on one that I absolutely love...seeing yours makes me almost brave enough...haha. Lovely stitching all the way around, and wonderful gifts, it was a feast for the eyes!

rosey175 said...

What splendid GG you received! The VMSS threads are very pretty. Steph's bunny is super cute too.

What's your flat ORT tin, preciousssss? I'm guessing a fancified Altoids can, a pill box, or maybe an old cigarette container... thing? Are your ORTs kept gorgeously too?

Barb said...

As usual, I love seeing all your wonderful projects!!

Mini said...

I agree with Elfie, great variety of projects you have. Love the cute bunnies you received and the project bag is going to be very handy.

Kay said...

I love the Raven stitching that you have done, the fabric is gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing more of this. x

Christine said...

Wonderful stitching and gifts, I love the variety of different stitches that make up the pavement section of London

Vickie said...

Oh the bunnies!!!!

Carol said...

Loved seeing your updated progress picks, Jo! And what nice gifts you've received--that tiny bunny is so darling. And I know your pretty project bag will be put to use in no time :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, what a great GG month for you! So much gift stitching has happened - I agree, the Jodyri thread on Gardens of London looks amazing! Lovely new stash as well, I'm sure you'll find a great use for the new threads.

jocondine said...

Nice progress on stitchings, love your cards, so cute bunnies. xxx

cheryl said...

What lovely gifties you received this month! Your projects are moving right along. I'm loving your Discworld Mappe, and the "Nebula" fabric is out of this world.

Justine said...

Gorgeous stitching and gifts Jo. Will you have to have a new start to fill up your new project bag?!

Cathy said...

Nice stitching and lovely gifts!

Katie said...

Great post. Lots of beautiful goodies on the received and the worked on sides. Thanks for sharing!

Brigitte said...

So much great stitching to be seen here again. All your projects with something gifted, either the fabric or the charts or the threads, are so varied and provide a lot of stitching fun I'm sure. Now on to see what the others show in their GG posts.

Julie said...

What lovely stitches make the pavement on the Chatelaine.
Clever friend you have, a nice project holder she made you.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress and lovely gifts Jo.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress on everything! I finally remembered to add my link 3 days after posting. :)

Ariadne said...

Lovely progress and gifts!AriadnefromGreece!

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't have a lot to show this month, but I did link up :x

FlashinScissors said...

Great progress, Jo! And what lovely gifts!
Hugs,
Barbara xxx

Stitching Noni said...

Great progress - although as I am going backwards in post reading I seem to be now seeing the decrease in progress! ;o)
Lovely gifts on show too!;o)
See you next month!
Hugs x

Bethan said...

Some really lovely gifts - I love the material for the project bag. Discworld is forming up nicely; I can see the turtle/tortoise (bad memory!) really well now! x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Just to say that I'm one of those with memory issues this month. I wrote a GG post but forgot to link it. Lovely stitching as always and you received some great gifts this month. Project bags always come in useful.